**Winner of the Moonbeam Children's Book Award Gold Medal for Activity Book Education, Science, History**
This family-friendly Philippines children's book is packed with fun facts about Filipino culture, history, and daily life!
All About the Philippines takes you on an incredible journey across the colorful island nation of the Philippines with Mary, Jaime, and Arithree Filipino cousins who look entirely different and yet are the best of friends. You'll visit their homes, their schools, their families, their favorite places, and much more. They'll show you how kids in different parts of the Philippines come from many different ethnic groups and have very various cultureseach with separate traditions, languages, and beliefsand yet, they are all 100% Filipino!
This children's book, aimed at kids ages 8 to 12, brings them on an exciting trip through some of the most fascinating islands on earth.
- Join Mary, Jaime and Ari to see the how earthquakes, typhoons and other natural events can be scary and yet also make the islands beautiful and full of life.
- Check out Filipino games, and make a sipathe Philippines's version of a hacky-sack.
- Experience the festivals and foods of different cultures found in the Philippines, and try a few easy recipes.
- Make a parola Filipino holiday decoration that you can enjoy all year long.
- Learn about the conquistadors and traders who came to these islands many centuries ago.
- Learn how peoples who speak very different languages can communicate when they meet.
- And a lot more!
Along with fun facts, you'll learn about the spirit of the Philippines that makes this country and its people unique. This is a book for families or classrooms to enjoy together.